CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wicked the cat and yarn...

This is Wicked the cat. He is 5 1/2 years old and since I adopted him almost 4 years ago, he has lived up to his name in many ways (hence the reason I named him that). However, the one thing he had NEVER done was show any interest at all in my yarn stash. I laughed at the many stories of other knitters/crocheters who had cats destroying their IPOs or digging in their stashes. I was very thankful that Wicked was rather uncharacteristically well behaved in that area. I even used to tempt him with small balls of left over yarn, but he had no interest at all.....that is, until this morning.

I woke up and Wicked was not asleep on the washer as he normally was each day. I knew something was up so I was careful to look where I walked in fear of stepping in something warm and squishy. In the living room stretched from end to end was an unraveled ball of eyelash-type yarn. Wicked left sort of an art project for me. Almost all of it was damp or wet from him chewing on it. Gross! I guess he had a fun night! He was already under the sofa expecting to get yelled at, but I just laughed. Guess I learned my lesson on trusting yarn with a cat--can't control their playful nature forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment