CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2 new yarn stores in 1 day in the big city!

So yesterday I had a meeting in Pittsburgh and I thought why not scope out some new yarn stores. I found several in the city and a couple on the way there. I decided on 2 and managed not to get lost on the way to the first one. I won't name it because the lady was rather scary and offered to give me lessons, but called me stupid when I said I wanted to learn socks on circular needles versus dpns. Needless to say, she did not get any of my business.

The second store was Knit One in Squirrel Hill. I got lost on the way there (thought it was in Shadyside) and they gave me great directions by phone. Very fun place and if I lived in the city again, I would probably live there on their comfy couch. Picked out some great yarn by Beracco--Vintage Wool and Comfort Chunky. I asked for it to be wound into pull skeins and they showed me how to do it on their winder--so cool!

Been exploring Berocco's website and found a blog and new FREE patterns. Love it!

1 comment: